Friday, February 4, 2011

Life with Apple TV - Episode 3

Honestly, the title of this series should be changed to "Life With a Shitty Internet Connection".  I don't think I can expect any network streaming device to work on a connection that consistently delivers < 500kbps.

The good news is that Qwest will only charge you for 10x what they actually deliver.  They're billing department is very reliable.

Adding insult to injury, they have an engineer working on the issue, and it should be fixed in 1-2 weeks.

Yes, weeks.

In case you don't recall, the problem became very evident back on January 21, which was 2 weeks ago.

So, pay for 5,000, get 500.  We'll "probably" have it "fixed" within the next 2 weeks, which makes 4 weeks since my original complaint.

Maybe I'll get to paying my bill 3-4 weeks late, see how that works out.

Checking into alternative providers this weekend, then perhaps I can make a fair evaluation of the AppleTV that's mostly collecting dust at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment