Wednesday, January 12, 2011

3 Reasons to get Camera+ for iPhone

My favorite photography-related app this year (or rather last year) is Camera+.  Billed as an "all in one" camera app, I still find myself using the stock camera or ClearCam to actually capture the images, but once they are captured, it's all Camera+ for me.

So here they are, my 3 good reasons to get Camera+ for your iPhone:

Reason #1:  Quick & Easy Image Editing 
The best features of Camera+ are in the lightbox.  This is where you can open any image you have on your camera roll and crop, rotate, and apply a myriad of special effects.  Many times now I have taken lousy photos and made them acceptable with a few quick taps on the Camera+ editor.

Here's a "Before" image shot with the stock camera:

And "After" a few quick edits with Camera+

As you can see, a little work with Camera+ can make a big difference.

Reason #2: A Better Camera
The camera is OK.  Better than the stocker because it includes some features that either are not present on the stock camera or I just couldn't find them.  Noteably the stabilizer, timer and burst mode.  Camera+ also makes the zoom feature very easy to use, but it's still a digital zoom (as opposed to optical), so I never use it anyway.

Reason #3: Shoot and Share with Ease
Also included is the ability to easily share your photos out to Flickr, Facebook and Twitter.  While I appreciate how quick and easy it is to share photos this way, it does upload them to a branded domain / frame that is promoting Camera+.  Overall, though, it's worth it in my opinion to have a quick, easy way to post a shot.

Here's a sample of what that looks like once you upload it to the Camera+ website automatically from the app: http://campl.us/pWd (My New Year's Eve "Toast")

So, What are you Waiting For?
I recommend this app to anyone who finds themselves (like me) frustrated with the photos on their iPhone.  Even if I know they can be fixed easily on a computer, I don't want to go through a sync just to do it.  It also makes sharing super-easy, which is great for all you tweeps, FB's and Flickrs out there.

Cheers --
-- Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment