Sunday, October 9, 2011

iPad2 - Smashed!


It finally happened.

About 11:00pm last night, my lovely daughter managed to arrange a high-speed liaison between my iPad 2 and the tile floor. Oh joy.

Smashed beyond all reapair, I took my sorry excuse for an iPad back to the Apple store. Tail between my legs, the associate politely informed me of the benefits of Apple Care warranty and the rugged Otter Box cases available for my precious gadget. 10 minutes later, I'm sitting at the Genius Bar, awaiting my fate.

In classic Apple style, my appointed Genius gave me an awesome deal on a replacement, and had it in my hands within 30 minutes of me showing up at the store. No, it wasn't free, but it's a bit much to expect a free replacement after declining the warranty and then dropping it on the floor.

Just one more reason I love Apple products (yeah, call me a fan-boy or whatever). Not only are the products outstanding, but when it comes to customer service, they are second-to-none.

Thanks again, Apple. This time for dulling the pain of a rather unpleasant event.

Kudos to the Apple store in Boulder and my Genius, Max.

No comments:

Post a Comment