Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Years Resolutions for 2011

Every year I do this, but it's not what you'd expect.

My "resolutions" for 2011 aren't the usual "lose weight", "exercise", "save money" stuff that you see all over the place.  Mine are more personal, specific. . . . perhaps odd.

Over the last 5 or 6 years, it has become evident to me that creating my retirement is a matter of nothing more than discipline.  It's about making the right choices about how to spend the little free time available to expand the revenue streams that will provide for my family when I can no longer work.  It is remarkably easy to get on the metaphorical "treadmill" of life, working hard, running fast, and getting nowhere.  This post is part of my commitment to spending 2011 furthering the goals that I personally set, rather than burning time on the treadmill.

So, some goals for 2011.  The "I Will" portion of the program:

  • Generate some creative, potentially useful content at least 2 times per week and publish it
  • Concentrate on developing products with long-term residual income potential
  • Focus on expanding the businesses that I already own and/or operate
Of course, this is all relative to bad habits that I tend to gravitate towards.  Specifically "I Won't":
  • Engage in over-analysis of data and statistics at the expense of of doing something useful
  • Obsess over the minutia
  • Neglect my family in the pursuit of money
It may be overly optimistic, but if I can accomplish these few simple points, 2011 will be a banner year.  Starting the new year in a new state with a new outlook could be just the catalyst necessary to keep on track.  

Best of luck to you in achieving your own personal objectives.  May 2011 be the best year of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment